This analysis delves into the foreseeable consequences of the conflict on trade relationships, potential disruptions to major trade routes, and the broader impact on international commerce. We (Container xChange) have many customers in Israel and we are constantly in touch with them.
Here are a few takeaways from the analytical piece (which can be found in PDF format here)
1. The situation will lead to a shift in the transportation of goods.
2. Israel’s high-tech exports to China to get impacted in the coming weeks owing to the war
3. Israel’s export to US, Turkey, Germany, Italy and India to get disturbed in the coming weeks
4. “The Israel-Palestinian conflict serves as a reminder of the uncertainties that ambitious trade projects like the India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor (IMEC) will face,which is perceived as a western counterpart to China’s Belt and Road” said Christian Roeloffs, cofounder and CEO, Container xChange.
5. “Any expansion of the hostilities beyond the country’s borders could introduce risks to two vital shipping choke points. The Suez Canal, a critical waterway for various commercial vessels, including container ships, may face disruptions. Similarly, the Strait of Hormuz, a backbone for oil and gas shipping, could be affected. However, the extent of these effects will largely depend on the conflict’s expansion and duration.” Roeloffs added.
Source: Container xChange